|Real Name:||James Howlett|
|Alias:|| Logan |
|Age:||Over 200 years old|
|Originally From:||Cold Lake, Alberta, Canada|
John Howlett, Sr. (father)
|Powers:|| Adamantium Skeleton and Claws |
Accelerated Healing Factor
|First appearance:||Hindsight (Part One)|
|Portrayed by:||Steven Blum|
James "Logan" Howlett", now known as The Wolverine, and once known as "Weapon X", is one of the oldest known mutants alive, and the current leader of the X-Men.
Haunted by memories of the life that was stolen from him, Logan is a rebellious loner forced into being the reluctant leader of the X-Men. His rapid healing ability and indestructible adamantium metal claws capable of slicing through almost any substance known to man make him a fearsome combatant. Only with the help of the team can Wolverine hope to protect the world from its own bleak future and continue Xavier's mission of peace.
Logan is aggressive and decisive; he does everything for good. He seems a little stressed and a person who rarely smiles. He made friends with Hank McCoy although it's hard to win his trust. When he realized that Emma Frost saved Africa from the fearsome Shadow King, he became friendly with her. He took Bobby Drake back to the X-Men against the wishes of his parents and said, "your son is a mutant..." and Bobby liked the idea. He tries to Be mean.
Appearance EditLogan has black hair, blue eyes and Caucasian skin. He has a very muscular and masculine appearance. He usually wears a grey T-shirt, with a dog tag necklace, jeans and a belt. Sometimes with a brown jacket.
On missions, he wears a gold and blue sleeveless uniform with a mask covering most of his face. He also wears blue gloves and boots.
Not much is Known about Logan's past, what is revealed about him is that he was working with Weapon X, and was also a member of Team X along with Sabertooth and Mystique who developed great feelings towards him and he felt the same about her. While on a mission with Sabertooth to capture a mutant named Cristopher Nord, Logan saw his daughter Christy and argued with Creed about the mission. Christopher saw him and began fighting him. At the end, Logan ended up "killing" Nord. At some point,he lost all his memories and left Weapon X. Some time later, Logan went to Japan and was in love with Mariko Yashida who was forced to marry another man by her father. Logan challenged the silver samurai for Mariko's hand but in the end, Mariko chose Harada.
Later, Logan joined the X-men as Wolverine he kept flirting with Jean Grey trying to get her to regain his memories which angered Cyclops and caused a rivalry between them. After a serious fight, Logan decided to leave the X-men. Just a few minutes before leaving, he witnessed an explosion that caused the disappearance of Jean and Charles. Afterwards, Logan left the X-men
One year after the explosion, Logan saved a girl and her family from the MRD whom arrested the family for helping a mutant. Logan teamed up with Beast to save them. After rescuing them and some mutants as well, Logan realized that he needs to bring back the X-men.
During Kelly's press conference, Rogue was attacked by a Sentinel but save by Angel and the X-men. Wolverine tried persuading Rogue to come back but she refused stating that "no one follows a leader who isn't there". Wolverine and Beast trued convincing Bobby's parents to let their son come back. When they refused, Logan broke down the door and told them that Bobby is a mutant and to "deal with it". Later, the trio stopped Kitty from going to Genosha and rejoined the team. Back to the Mansion, they found Rogue waiting for them and informed them that the Brotherhood want to ruin Kelly's press conference. The X-men went there first but realized it was a trick. Their actions persuaded the people to agree on the Mutant Registration Act.
Diamonds and DestructionEdit
While rebuilding the mansion, Logan was greeted by Emma Frost who wanted to join the X-men but Logan refused. After some convincing from the woman, Logan agreed to let her joined. Emma helped in finding Charles who warned them of an upcoming a dark future.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Adamantium Laced Skeleton and Claws: In the past of his life, Logan bones and claws where fused with the indestructible metal known as Adamantium by William Stryker. With those claws he can cut through nearly anything and scale up walls by forcing his claws into the wall.
- Superhuman Strength: Due to his nearly indestructible bones, Logan is able to push his body into limits other normal human beings could never do. By this, his bones as well as muscles resist a lot of more pressure, and he can lift nearly 2 tons at top.
- Superhuman Speed: Despite the nearly 350 lbs Adamantium metal bonded fused within Wolverine's own bones, Logan is still able to run and move at speeds approaching 50 mph. A speed enough to catch up to a moving car or distant object.
- Superhuman Agility: Due to his enhanced body producing less fatigue toxins and accelerated adrenaline, Logan can go far beyond the abilities of the finest Olympic human athlete.
- Superhuman Senses: Logan possesses feral-like senses, including smell, sight, hearing and taste. This allows him to identify any person by their smell, or even hear things several meters away.
- Accelerated Healing Factor: Perhaps Logan's most distinguished trait, it's his uncanny ability to heal wounds at superhuman rates. This allows him to regenerate lost tissue, broken bones or even lost limbs in short periods of time.
- Ageless-Immortality: Logan's healing factor drastically affects his age, as he is over 200 years old, and he still looks in his prime. Furthermore, in the future, when Charles meets Logan, he's not surprised by the fact that he hasn't aged one day. According to Steven Blum (Logan's voice actor), Wolverine is immortal, and is forever young.
Logan and Hank are close friends. Beast was the first one Logan would come to ask for help. Hank always acts as the voice of reason for Wolverine. In the first episode, it's shown that both like to annoy each other
Scott is Logan's rival. Both show a huge dislike towards each other. This rivalty is the result of Logan's love for Jean. However, despite the hatred towards one another, they work together on many occasions.
From the moment she joined the X-men, Logan wasn't quite welcoming to her due to her past. As the series progressed, he began trusting her. When it was revealed that she was a traitor Wolverine lost his trust in her. When Emma told him to give her one more chance, he did so, hinting that he might still trust her.
Logan first met Christy when she was 6, she witnessed him 'killing' her father which made her vow for revenge. After learning the truth, Christy became close to Logan. Possibly, the two might have developed a father-daughter relationship as Logan seems overprotective towards her.
Logan and Raven were lovers. At some point, they broke up. Although on opposite sides, they still work together and still have feelings for one another.
Magneto is the main enemy of the X-men. Wolverine always doubts his plans and doesn't accept his invitation to stay on Genosha.
Mariko was Logan's love interest. He challenged the Silver Samurai for her hand but she turned him down. Years later, when her husband kidnaps the X-men, Logan turned to her. In the end, she reveals that she didn't marry him because if she did, they would have been killed. They still have feelings for each other.
Wolverine and Nightcrawler are friends. Logan seems to trust Kurt more and sometimes worry for him, also nicknaming Kurt "Elf".
Storm and Logan have a close relationship. They are often seen worried for each other. When Ororo was feeling down for the loss of Angel, Logan comforts her by promising her to bring Warren back soon.
Logan and Kitty have a normal relationship. Although Logan is the leader, Kitty is never scared to stand up to him.
Sabretooth is Wolverine's arch enemy. The two were partners a long time but Logan betrayed him when he attacked him to save Mystique. Since then, they've been fighting each other.
Wolverine sees Rogue as a daughter. It might be possible that she developed a crush on him.
In Marvel Comics Edit
Wolverine's life began in Alberta, Canada, during the late 19th century (1801-1900). The man who would come to be known simply as "Logan" was born James Howlett, the second son of Elizabeth Howlett (née Hudson) and John Howlett, Sr., owners of a large estate. However, in his adulthood James came to resemble the appearance of the groundskeeper, Thomas Logan, much more closely than his legal father. It is possible that he is the product of an affair between Elizabeth Howlett and Thomas Logan. He spent most of his early years on the estate grounds and had two playmates that lived on the Howlett estate with him: Rose O'Hara, a red-headed Irish girl who was brought in from town to be a companion to young James, and a boy nicknamed "Dog", the grounds-keeper's son. Thomas Logan was an alcoholic and was extremely abusive to his son. The children were close friends but as they reached young adulthood, the abuse inflicted upon Dog warped his mind. Dog made unwanted advances toward Rose, which James reported to his father. In retaliation Dog killed James' puppy, in turn leading to the expulsion of Thomas Logan and Dog from the estate.
- He is voiced by Steven Blum who also does the voice of Red Skull from The Avengers: Earth's mightiest heroes (Whom are in the same universe as the X-men are)
- He was once an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D
- In this series, Wolverine wore his his modern Astonishing X-Men costume that he was wearing at the time in the comics while he wore his his original costume in Hulk vs. Wolverine that he originally wore in the comics and the classic tiger stripe attire that he also originally wore in the comics in The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
- Logan is the main character of the series and is the only X-man who appears in all episodes.
- For some reason, his right hand is cut off in the future.
- In this version, Logan and Sabretooth were partners (Ironically, they are unable to agree on anything in other versions).
- In one continuity of the comics, Wolverine also has a son of Japanese descent named Daken.
- He is the only X-man in the series to be on the X-men and Team X.