|The Scarlet Witch|
|Real Name:||Wanda Maximoff|
|Alias:|| Scarlet Witch |
Wendy (by Logan)
|Originally From:||Wundagore, Transia|
Nightcrawler (love interest)
|Powers:|| Probability Manipulation |
|First appearance:||Greetings from Genosha|
|Portrayed by:||Kate Higgins|
Scarlet Witch is the daughter of Magneto and the sister of Quicksilver and Polaris. She also has a crush on Nightcrawler. Wanda is a member of Magneto's Acolytes. She lives in the metal palace with her family, and does not appear to leave the island of Genosha.
As part of the Acolytes, and powerful enough, she ensure peace on the island. She was very proud as well as protective of Genosoha and Magneto ideals, and believed her place is faithfully at her father's side. She is also very protective of her younger sister, Lorna, and helps Magneto hide the truth of the cells from her. She seems estranged from her twin brother Quicksilver, due to her father's orders to keep him off Genosha.
At the start of the series she strongly emphasized Magneto's ideals and followed his beliefs of "survival." Later, after almost letting Wolverine drown, Wanda realizes that just because her father would do it, doesn't make it right. She still believed her rightful place was at his until he revealed his devious plan, which led to her her realization that everything she believed in and stood for was a lie.
Wanda was also Nightcrawler's love interest. Magneto introduced the Scarlet Witch as his personal tour guide, where she took him out to see Dazzler perform at a concert and lightly flirted with him before leaving. However, he has stated that she's "not the love of my life." He later reveals that her life is important to him, although she thinks just like her father.
After Nightcrawler and Wolverine brought her back to genosha, Nightcrawler offered her the chance to come back to the school with them, but she refused, saying her place was with her father. She kissed Nightcrawler on the cheek and said goodbye before departing with her father.
Chaos Magic/Reality Warping: Wanda has the ability to manipulate and warp reality at will, which allows her to access different kind of abilities such as: flight, probability manipulation, telekinesis, telepathy, mental manipulation, teleportation, magical spells, willpower construct, etc..
- Hex Bolts: Wanda has the ability to manipulate probability through projected energy blasts known as hex bolts, causing highly unlikely and impossible events to occur. She can also cause enemies to stumble or otherwise suffer the effects of "bad luck", Though Wanda's hex powers are not limited to negative effects, but also positive and only work she wants them to. Due to her inexperience with her destructive powers, Wanda's hexes were unconscious, and would be automatically triggered whenever she made a particular gesture, regardless of her intention.
- Hex Blasts: Wanda can project very powerful blasts, orbs, waves and beams of hex energy. This can destroy or hit objects or people with a great force.
- Teleportation: Wanda has portrayed the ability to teleport her and others over long distances. She can also travel to and open portal or gates for different purposes.
- Telekinesis: Wanda has portrayed the ability to manipulate, propel and levitate things using her mind as well as fly or hover. She can also affect and control molecules and particles, allowing her to fully control matter and energy.
- Magical Spells: Wanda is able to cast powerful spells for a variety of supernatural effects. She has also been trained in sorcery.
- Willpower-Based Construct: She create strong constructs like magic weapons: swords, blades, punches, etc.
In the comics, there is a universe where Nightcrawler and she get together and have a daughter. It is worth noting that this other universe is similar to the one the cartoon is set in, having Charles and Jean die/be missing in action.
- It is unknown if Wanda possess chaos magic or reality warping abilities like in the comics , since she only demonstrated hex powers.